These Oreo blondies are delicious cookies and cream bars perfect for any Oreo lover. With their soft, chewy texture and irresistible buttery, vanilla flavor, these easy-to-make blondie bars are a hit amongst kids and adults, and make a great party dessert!
While brownies are delicious, blondies are just as good, if not better. With tons of crushed Oreos baked inside these bars and even more sprinkled on top, you get a chocolate fix while enjoying the buttery deliciousness of blondies at the same time.
If you're torn between brownies and blondies, this brownie blondies recipe combines the best of both worlds. And for all the die-hard oreo lovers out there, you have to give these red velvet oreo cookies a try next!
Why You'll Love These Blondies
- Quick & Easy - With simple ingredients, this recipe is quick and easy to make.
- Cookies & Cream Flavor - The blondies have a decadent cookies and cream flavor with lots of crushed Oreos baked inside and sprinkled on top.
- Soft & Chewy - The edges of the blondie bars are perfectly golden and crispy, but the centers are soft, chewy, and moist for an enjoyable bite.
You only need 9 ingredients to make these blondies! You probably have most ingredients in your kitchen already, especially if you're an avid baker. Remember to see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for full ingredient info and quantities.
- Flour - Properly measure flour by sprinkling it into the measuring cup and leveling the top with a knife. You can use normal all-purpose flour or a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend.
- Baking Powder - This leavening agent creates a soft, fluffy rise in the blondies!
- Salt - Tones down the sweetness of the blondies and enhances the taste nicely.
- Butter - Use unsalted room temperature butter or soften it prior to mixing. Softened vegan stick butter also works well, for a dairy-free version.
- Sugars - A mix of granulated sugar and brown sugar give these blondies incredible flavor and moisture.
- Eggs - Helps bind the blondie batter together nicely. For a vegan version, try using two flax eggs instead.
- Vanilla - Use pure vanilla extract for the best taste.
- Oreo Cookies - I recommend regular Oreos or Double-Stuf Oreos, but really any variety works. Crush them into small chunks for mixing into the batter and sprinkling on top of the blondies.
These blondies are so easy to make! Here are step-by-step instructions for how to make cookies and cream Oreo blondies:
STEP 1: Start by crushing the Oreos into bite-size chunks. Don't crush them too much into a crumble, or they will blend into the batter too much and you won't get those delicious, chocolate bites of Oreo cookies throughout the blondies. You can break the Oreos apart with your hands or crush them in a sealed Ziploc bag.
STEP 2: In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until evenly combined. Then, set it aside for later.
STEP 3: In a separate large bowl, use an electric hand mixer (or stand mixer) to beat the softened butter with the granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. This takes 1-2 minutes.
STEP 4: Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the bowl, and mix on low-medium speed until smooth and fully combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
STEP 5: Next, add the dry ingredients and mix on the lowest speed until a thick batter forms. Do not over-mix! Some flour specks are okay and expected.
STEP 6: Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the chopped Oreo cookies into the blondie batter. Leave some aside for topping the brownies, or you can crush up extra Oreos if you have them.
STEP 7: Transfer the blondie batter to an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper hanging over the edges. Smooth the batter evenly into the pan and add extra crushed Oreos on top.
STEP 8: Bake the Oreo blondies for 30-40 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the center is set. A toothpick in the middle of the pan should come out with moist crumbs, but not wet batter.
After removing the blondies from the oven, allow them to cool completely in the pan (at least 30-60 minutes) before slicing them into squares or rectangular bars.
TIP: Make sure you don't over-bake the blondies! For a moist and soft texture, it's important to err on the side of under-baking, since they will continue to set up as they cool in the pan.
Expert Baking Tips
- Use parchment paper - To make sure the blondies don't stick to the pan, line it with parchment paper and leave some hanging over the edges of the pan so you can easily lift the blondies out after the bake.
- Properly measure flour - To avoid dry and tough blondies, it is critical to properly measure the flour. Sprinkle flour into the measuring cup and level off the top with the straight edge of a knife.
- Don't over-mix - The more you mix the batter, the tougher and denser the blondies will become. Don't overdo it!
- Use Double-Stuf Oreos - For extra cookies and cream flavor, Double-Stuf Oreos are perfect! The extra Oreo creme filling tastes amazing throughout the blondies.
Easy Blondie Variations
These blondies are easy to make dietary-friendly. Here are some variations to try!
- Gluten-free - Use gluten-free Oreos and a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend and these blondies easily become gluten-free.
- Dairy-free - Use vegan stick butter, like Earth Balance or similar, and you're all set. Oreos do not contain dairy!
- Vegan - Replace the eggs with two flax eggs and use vegan butter instead. If you choose to use alternative vegan sugars, I recommend using coconut sugar to replace brown sugar and organic cane sugar for granulated sugar.
- Golden Oreo blondies- For a super delicious buttery vanilla taste, use golden Oreos instead. I think they pair perfectly with the blondies!
For a homemade oreo cookie that is completely vegan, try making these vegan oreos! Or for a festive brownie recipe, these cadbury mini egg brownies are a fun choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Brownies are made with chocolate and cocoa powder, but blondies are made with brown sugar and vanilla instead. This gives them delicious flavors of butterscotch, vanilla, and subtle caramel, unlike chocolate brownies.
Depending on the recipe, blondies can be cakey or gooey in the middle. Generally, blondies have a slightly crispy top and a soft, chewy center.
Blondies are like the vanilla version of brownies and have a soft, chewy texture. Cookie bars usually have a more dry and crumbly texture, like a cookie in a bar shape.
Yes! To make Oreo blondies with cake mix, just mix 1 box of vanilla cake mix with 1 stick of melted butter and 2 eggs. Fold in the chopped Oreos like normal and bake at 350℉ for 20-30 minutes.
Storing & Freezing
To keep the Oreo blondies fresh and soft, store leftover cookies and cream bars in an airtight container at room temperature for 5-7 days. They taste great all week and I love enjoying them with vanilla ice cream!
For longer storage, you can freeze the blondies. Wrap each blondie bar in plastic wrap and place them in an airtight, freezer-safe container. They store frozen for up to three months. Allow them to thaw at room temperature before enjoying them again.
More Oreo & Brownie Recipes To Try
Did you make these cookies and cream oreo blondies? Please leave a star rating and review below. This really supports my blog and helps other readers. If you post a photo of your blondies on Instagram and tag me, I'd love to share it! To stay updated with the newest recipes, remember to join my email list and follow me on Pinterest. Happy baking!
Oreo Blondies (Cookies & Cream Bars)
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- 1 Electric Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- 1 8x8-inch Baking Pan lined with parchment paper
- 1 Whisk
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour blend)*
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened (or vegan butter)*
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (or flax eggs)*
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 20 oreo cookies, chopped plus extra for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line an 8x8-inch (or 9x9") baking pan with parchment paper. Leave some parchment hanging over the sides of the pan for easy blondie removal later. Set aside.
- Gather about 20 Oreo cookies and chop them into bite-sized chunks. Make sure they are not too small, or they will blend too much into the batter and you won't get those delicious big chunks of Oreo to enjoy. You can break them up with your hands, or add them to a sealed Ziploc bag and crush them with something heavy, like a rolling pin or soup can.20 oreo cookies, chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until evenly combined. Set aside.1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour, ¼ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt
- Using a stand mixer or large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, beat together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy. This takes about 1-2 minutes.¾ cup unsalted butter, softened, 1 cup granulated sugar, ¼ cup brown sugar
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix on low-medium speed until thoroughly combined.2 large eggs, 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix on the lowest speed until just barely combined into the batter. It will be thick, and some flour specks are okay! Do not over-mix.
- Gently fold in the chopped Oreos using a rubber spatula until they are evenly distributed throughout the blondie batter. Be careful not to crush the Oreo cookies too much as you mix.20 oreo cookies, chopped
- Transfer the blondie batter to the prepared baking pan, and use a rubber spatula to smooth it evenly into the edges of the pan. Press extra crushed Oreo chunks into the top of the batter before baking.
- Bake the blondies for 30-40 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown and the center is set. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out with moist crumbs, but not wet batter.
- Remove the blondies from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for at least 30-60 minutes before slicing them into 12-16 squares. Enjoy!
Okay, these blondies are seriously one of the best desserts I've ever made. Literally! I'm usually a brownie lover but these blondies will convert you to the other side lol! They are so thick, but soft to bite into, and the crunchy bites of chocolate oreos are just so insanely good. I made them with vegan butter and you would never know they are dairy-free. The textures and flavors are perfect together! I am going to make these again next week because they will be gone so fast. Thank you for this recipe!! I am extremely impressed.
Samantha Ensinger says
Your words are such a compliment to the recipe! Thank you so much for leaving a review. I'm glad they turned out well with vegan butter and I have to agree with you, the texture and flavor of these buttery blondies are perfect with the bites of Oreos throughout. Enjoy!!
These oreo blondies are amazing!!! Super easy to make and the whole family loved them. Thanks for this recipe!
Samantha Ensinger says
Thanks for making the blondies. I am so happy your family loves them so much! Enjoy them!
So delicious! I absolutely love the combination of Oreos with buttery blondies!
Samantha Ensinger says
I'm so happy you are enjoying the blondies! I agree, the chocolate Oreos and vanilla blondie flavors are amazing together. Thanks for making the recipe!
I made these with the suggested flax egg substitute and they turned out wonderful! Thanks for the delicious recipe
Samantha Ensinger says
Great! I am so glad the blondies turned out well with flax eggs. Thank you for leaving a review! I hope you enjoy them and make them again soon.
Love the layering and visuals on these Oreo blondies. Can't wait to try them.
Samantha Ensinger says
Thank you! You won't regret making this delicious recipe. The blondies taste incredible with oreos inside! Enjoy!