This easy-to-make blueberry cheesecake overnight oats recipe is a sweet, creamy, and protein-packed start to your morning. With just 7 ingredients and 5 minutes of preparation time, these overnight oats have a tangy cheesecake flavor with juicy blueberries, like dessert for breakfast!
These quick and easy cheesecake overnight oats are about to revolutionize your breakfast game. Picture this: a delicious fusion of creamy cheesecake and fresh blueberries, ready and waiting for you when you wake up.
With vanilla greek yogurt, tangy cream cheese, nutritious chia seeds, and chewy rolled oats, this healthy breakfast recipe will not disappoint! It’s the perfect make-ahead breakfast option that tastes as good as dessert. No more rushing through your morning routine; instead, you'll savor this flavorful breakfast with minimal effort.
If you love making overnight oats, you have to try these healthy protein overnight oats and these banana cinnamon overnight oats. For a more decadent option, these birthday cake overnight oats are delectable!
Why You'll Love These Overnight Oats
- Easy to make - This is an easy meal prep breakfast that takes 5 minutes to make.
- Blueberry cheesecake flavor - Tangy cream cheese combines with vanilla yogurt and juicy blueberries for a decadent blueberry cheesecake taste!
- Healthy breakfast - With a handful of nutritious ingredients, these overnight oats are a delicious, satisfying, and healthy breakfast option with whole grain oats, chia seeds, protein yogurt, and blueberries.
- Gluten-free - This oatmeal is gluten-free and dietary-friendly for all to enjoy.
This blueberry cheesecake overnight oats recipe includes just 7 ingredients! Below are helpful ingredient tips. Make sure to see the recipe card at the end for all information.
- Rolled oats - Use old-fashioned rolled oats or quick oats, not steel-cut oats. If you're gluten-free, use certified gluten-free oats to avoid cross-contamination.
- Chia seeds - These help thicken the oats and they provide a boost of fiber and nutrition to the recipe.
- Cream cheese - Regular cream cheese and dairy-free cream cheese work. Be sure to let it soften so that it mixes well with the milk and oats.
- Greek yogurt - Vanilla greek yogurt adds creaminess, extra protein, and a tangy flavor that compliments the cream cheese. Dairy-free yogurt works too.
- Maple syrup - Naturally enhances the sweetness of the oats and brings out the sweet cheesecake flavor.
- Almond milk - Any non-dairy milk works well. The creamier the better! Use unsweetened milk for best results.
- Blueberries - Both fresh and frozen blueberries work well. Frozen blueberries will give you more purple-blue color in the oatmeal.
This cheesecake overnight oats recipe is so easy to make in 5 minutes. Here are step-by-step instructions for how to make blueberry cheesecake overnight oats at home:
STEP 1: Add the oats, chia seeds, cream cheese, greek yogurt, maple syrup, and almond milk to a large mixing bowl.
STEP 2: Whisk all ingredients together vigorously until smooth and evenly combined. You can mix in the blueberries now, or wait until after the oats chill.
STEP 3: Chill the oats in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight for best results. You can keep the oats in the mixing bowl or transfer them into jars with lids for easy enjoyment later.
TIP: If using frozen blueberries, heat them in the microwave for about 15-30 seconds to thaw them slightly. You can stir the blueberries into the oat mixture immediately or save them for topping after the oats chill and thicken.
Expert Recipe Tips
- Chill the oats - As the oats chill, they become thick, soft, and creamy like pudding. Make sure to let the oats soak for at least 4 hours, or ideally overnight.
- Use softened cream cheese - To avoid chunks in your oats, let the cream cheese soften at room temperature so it is easy to mix into the oatmeal.
- Store in individual jars - Keep the oats in sealed jars in the fridge and you’ll have the best grab-and-go breakfast in the morning!
- Add toppings right before serving - For optimum freshness and taste, it's best to add toppings right before enjoying the oats.
Overnight Oat Variations
One of the wonderful things about overnight oats—they are super flexible! You can easily modify the recipe to make it perfect for you. Here are some ideas:
- High protein - Mix a scoop of vanilla protein powder into the oats for extra protein. Even better, use blueberry muffin-flavored protein powder or cheesecake-flavored protein powder!
- With pudding mix - Stir in a box of Jello cheesecake pudding mix and an extra splash of almond milk for super creamy oats that taste even more like cheesecake.
- With cottage cheese - Add a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese (or replace yogurt with cottage cheese) for extra tanginess and added protein.
- White chocolate - Mix in white chocolate for a sweet and indulgent treat like white chocolate cheesecake.
- Add graham crackers - For the ultimate cheesecake experience, sprinkle crushed graham crackers on top of the overnight oats for extra crunch!
Try these delicious cinnamon roll overnight oats for a cozy spice flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Overnight oats typically last in the refrigerator for about 4 to 6 days when stored in an airtight container. They store the longest without toppings added.
Both fresh and frozen blueberries work well in overnight oats, but frozen blueberries are often more convenient and add a natural purple color to the oats.
Steel-cut oats are not recommended for overnight oats because they require so much time to soften. Rolled oats or quick oats are best since they absorb liquid more easily.
Oats are naturally gluten-free, but they're often cross-contaminated during processing. Choose certified gluten-free oats for this recipe if you have a gluten intolerance or sensitivity.
Overnight oats are typically served cold, but you can warm up the oats if you prefer to enjoy your oatmeal hot. Oats with blueberries are delicious warm or cold!
Storage & Freezing
Keep the overnight oats in a sealed container and refrigerate them for 4-6 days. I recommend storing them in individual jars with lids so they are easy to grab and go during the week!
For longer storage, you can freeze the oats for up to 30 days. Use a freezer-safe, airtight container, and do not freeze them with any toppings. Defrost the oats in the refrigerator the night before enjoying. If you plan to eat them right away, allow them to thaw at room temperature.
More Overnight Oats Recipes
Did you make these easy blueberry cheesecake overnight oats? Please leave a star rating and review below. This really supports my blog and helps other readers! Share your overnight oats on Instagram or TikTok and remember to tag me. To stay updated with new recipes, follow me on Pinterest and join my email list. Enjoy!
Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 3-4 Small Storage Jars
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats or quick oats*
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup softened cream cheese
- ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt or dairy-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Add the oats, chia seeds, softened cream cheese, greek yogurt, maple syrup, and almond milk to a large mixing bowl. Stir vigorously until the oat mixture is smooth and evenly combined.1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats, 2 tablespoons chia seeds, ¼ cup softened cream cheese, ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt, 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- If using frozen blueberries, heat them in the microwave for about 15-30 seconds to thaw them slightly. You can stir the blueberries into the oat mixture now, or save them for topping after the oats chill and thicken.1 cup blueberries
- Cover and chill the oats in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight for best results. You can keep the oats in the mixing bowl to chill or transfer them into jars with lids for easy enjoyment later.
- Once the oats have thickened, remove from the fridge and top with blueberries and graham cracker crumbs if desired. If the oats are too thick, add an extra splash of milk. Serve and enjoy!