I offer tailored, one-on-one coaching for entry-level food photographers and food bloggers wanting to turn their passion into a revenue-generating business.
Building a business can be overwhelming. Especially in the creative industry when you're often asked to work for free, having the right people to support you is crucial.
Whether you need help with improving your food photography, starting a food blog (or optimizing your blog), branding, pitching, pricing, or something else, I'm excited by the opportunity to walk alongside you and help you reach your goals. Let's get started!
How can I help you?
If you haven't met me, I'm Sam! I have professional experience as a successful freelance food photographer, videographer, and blogger generating thousands of dollars in revenue by pitching to brands and landing high-paying contracts.
I have a college education in visual communications and marketing, which gives me a unique perspective on how to market yourself as a food photographer, rooted in proven marketing strategies that work.
I have a passion for teaching budding food photographers and food bloggers the ins and outs of creating a profitable business from the ground up. I would be honored to walk alongside you in your creative journey.
Who is this coaching for?
This coaching is for you if any of these statements apply to you:
- You're a new food photographer or food blogger trying to start a business in the industry, but knowing where to start is overwhelming. You don't have a clear action plan for getting from point A to point B and need some guidance!
- You're creating content in exchange for products or exposure. You really want paid jobs... but have no idea how to get them.
- You're clueless on how to price your photography, so you're frantically guessing every time someone reaches out. You're currently charging little or nothing for your work because you don't think you're "good enough" yet to charge more.
- You want feedback on your photography or food blog and need helpful, knowledgable advice for how to improve.
- You don't think you're good enough to do food photography or food blogging as a career, you struggle with imposter syndrome, and you need someone to support you and cheer you on in this journey.
This coaching may not be for you, if...
- You have a well-established and profitable food photography business or food blog.
- You're consistently landing paid jobs through pitch emails and brand outreach.
- You're confident in your pricing and you're doing photography or food blogging full-time.
What can you expect?
The process behind our one-on-one coaching calls is designed to give you the best support possible. You can expect:
- A face-to-face video chat to discuss challenges you're facing and a clear action plan for overcoming them.
- Custom PowerPoint presentations, made specifically for you, packed with information and resources for you to reference later.
- Dedicated time for you and you alone. No distractions, and no excuses. You have my undivided time and attention!
- Recorded coaching calls and follow-up resources for you to utilize as you implement new strategies.
- Email support to answer any of your questions that come up between coaching calls.
- A mentor and friend to cheer you on and always support you throughout your journey.
How much does coaching cost?
The fulfillment I get through coaching and helping you achieve your goals is much more rewarding than any monetary gain. This reflects in my modest rates for one-on-one coaching. I offer 30-minute coaching and 1-hour coaching.
- Best for specific questions, reviewing your website or media kit, or offering feedback on photography.
- $100 per session.
1-hour coaching (best value)
- Best for broad questions regarding blogging, pitching, pricing, client work, and business goal-setting.
- $185 per session.
What others are saying
"Working with Sam has given me so much confidence in myself as a food photographer. Before we met, I was completely lost on how to connect with clients and brands. Sam shared genuine feedback and industry knowledge that helped me get my food photography business started. I cannot thank her enough! She is supportive, kind and goes above and beyond to help others. I'm grateful to have Sam as a resource and can truly call her a friend after our 1-on-1 chats."
-Marley Braunlich, Baked Abundance
She went step by step through her workflow and made it so easy to learn. I've already applied what she's taught me for client work! Samantha is a great teacher and simplified everything so well to make the process of learning a brand new tool a lot easier than I expected it to be. She even umpromptedly sent me a follow-up email covering everything we went through so I didn't forget. She really went above and beyond!"
-Megan Ratigan, Donut Worry Be Healthy
"I came to Samantha when I realized I need to change my pricing for design and photo work. Samantha helped me calculate my worth and more importantly, inspired me and cheered me on as I reached out to clients. I am now making almost double what I made previously."
-Sarah Shoenbine, Shoen Food Photos
Want to begin coaching?
Before you invest in coaching, let's connect on a quick 15-minute discovery call (free of charge) so I can understand your business goals and how I can serve you through one-on-one coaching. This allows you to meet me before committing to anything! I'm looking forward to meeting you!
Did you hear? I'm working on an intensive self-paced course to teach food photographers everything they need to know about working with clients and landing paid deals. Want to be the first to know when it goes live? Join my email list. You might even get an exclusive discount before the official release! The tentative launch is Summer 2022. Stay tuned!