These 3-ingredient peanut butter blossoms are quick and easy to make in one bowl. They have the best peanut butter flavor with delicious chocolate Hershey's Kisses in the center! They are soft and chewy with beautiful sugar-coated crackly edges like traditional peanut butter blossoms.
These peanut butter cookies are perfect for parties, events, and holidays like Christmas. Everyone is sure to recognize and enjoy this classic cookie, and you can't beat the simplicity of the recipe.
If you like these, you have to try these 2-ingredient peanut butter cookies which are even easier to make. These 3-ingredient almond flour peanut butter cookies are another great option. It is hard to go wrong with peanut butter!
Why You'll Love These Cookies
- Quick and easy to make - You only need one mixing bowl, three ingredients, and 20 minutes to make these cookies.
- Flourless and gluten-free - There is no flour in these cookies, making them fully gluten-free with most varieties of Hershey's Kisses.
- Best peanut butter flavor - The cookies have a rich and delicious peanut butter flavor that pairs perfectly with the chocolate kisses.
- Soft and chewy - These are soft and chewy peanut butter blossoms, making them really enjoyable to eat. They are the opposite of dry and crumbly!
These peanut butter blossoms are only 3 ingredients. Below are helpful notes about the ingredients to make sure the cookies come out perfect every time:
- Natural peanut butter - Use natural, creamy peanut butter that is drippy and "runny" in consistency. "Normal" creamy peanut butter will be too thick and hard to mix. I use Crazy Richard's 100% Peanuts with great results.
- Granulated sugar - This gives the cookies their sweetness. Cane sugar or coconut sugar can also work. Set some extra aside for rolling the cookies.
- Egg - The egg binds the ingredients together and helps give the cookies a soft and chewy texture. For vegan peanut butter blossoms, you can try using a flax egg.
- Hershey's Kisses - I recommend milk chocolate or dark chocolate Hershey's Kisses, but all varieties that complement the peanut butter flavor work well!
Remember to see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for ingredient quantities.
Below are step-by-step instructions for how to make peanut butter blossoms with three ingredients:
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 325°F. Add the peanut butter, granulated sugar, and egg to a large mixing bowl.
STEP 2: Mix the ingredients with a spoon or an electric hand mixer until a thick cookie dough forms.
STEP 3: Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out evenly-sized balls of dough.
STEP 4: Roll the dough balls in your hands to make them smooth and round.
STEP 5: Then, roll each ball of cookie dough in extra granulated sugar to make the edges sparkly. This adds some extra sweetness to the cookies also.
STEP 6: Place the cookie dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure the dough balls are 1-2 inches apart to allow for spreading.
STEP 7: Bake the cookies at 325°F for 12-15 minutes. The edges should firm up and the centers should look puffy. Be careful not to over-bake them!
STEP 8: While the cookies are warm out of the oven, gently press a chocolate Hershey's Kiss into the center. Allow the cookies to cool and set up on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before removing.
TIP: It is important to add the chocolate Hershey's Kisses to the middle of the cookies while they are still fairly warm. To make it easier, I recommend removing the Hershey's Kisses from their foil wrappers beforehand. This makes it easy to grab a kiss and add it to each cookie quickly, without having to stop and unwrap one kiss at a time.
The chocolate kisses may melt slightly since the cookies are warm, but let them sit on the baking sheet and they will firm up again as the cookies cool.
Expert Baking Tips
- Roll cookies in extra sugar - Rolling the dough balls in sugar before baking is optional, but I highly recommend it. It gives the cookies pretty, sparkly edges and adds to their delicious flavor. It doesn't take long and makes a big difference!
- Don't over-bake - The cookies will spread in the oven a little bit, but not a ton. They may look under-baked, but if the edges are firm, they are done. It is better to remove them a minute early rather than too late. This keeps them soft and chewy!
- Be gentle with the kisses - Peanut butter cookies are delicate when they are warm out of the oven. Be gentle with pressing the chocolate kisses into the cookies. If you press them too hard or deep into the cookies, the edges will crack too much.
- Allow cookies to cool - It is very important to let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes to set up. If you move them off the sheet too soon, they may fall apart. Be patient as they cool and you won't regret it!
Peanut Butter Blossoms Variations
- Vegan - For a vegan option, try making the cookies with a flax egg instead. Be sure to use dairy-free chocolate kisses or other vegan chocolate in the center.
- Dairy-Free - You can make this recipe dairy-free by using dairy-free chocolate kisses or other dark chocolate in the middle of the cookies.
- Caramel - Use Caramel Hershey's Kisses for a peanut butter caramel combo.
- Almond - Use Almond Hershey's Kisses to make these cookies even nuttier. Peanut butter and chocolate almond are great flavors together!
For another delicious cookie recipe with even more chocolate, try these delicious double chocolate chip cookies which are also gluten-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your cookie dough seems crumbly, you probably used peanut butter that is too thick. It is important to use natural peanut butter that is "drippy" for the cookies to have the proper consistency.
Yes, many varieties of Hershey's Kisses are gluten-free. There are a few flavors that are not gluten-free, however, so be sure to check the package before using.
Yes! These are flourless peanut butter blossoms, making them gluten-free. Just be sure to use Hershey's Kisses which are also gluten-free.
Hershey's Kisses are not vegan because they are made with milk chocolate, which contains dairy. All Hershey's Kisses varieties contain milk, making them unsuitable for a vegan diet, unfortunately.
Yes, you can make vegan peanut butter blossom cookies by replacing the egg with a flax egg and using vegan chocolate in the center.
Storing & Freezing
Store leftover peanut butter blossoms in an airtight container for 5-7 days at room temperature. To freeze the cookies, place them in a freezer-safe airtight container. Place parchment paper between stacked cookies so they don't get frozen together. They can store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Be sure to thaw the cookies at room temperature before enjoying them again.
More Quick & Easy Cookie Recipes
Did you make these quick and easy 3-ingredient peanut butter blossoms? Please remember to leave a star rating and review below. This really supports my blog and helps other readers! Post a photo of your cookies on Instagram and tag me; I would love to share it! To stay updated with the newest recipes, join my email list and follow me on Pinterest. Happy baking!
3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossoms (Quick & Easy!)
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Large Baking Sheet
- 1 Cookie Scoop
- Parchment Paper
- 1 ¼ cup natural, creamy peanut butter should be drippy consistency
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar + extra for rolling (optional)
- 1 egg see notes for vegan option
- 18 Hershey's Kisses I use milk chocolate kisses
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. If desired, unwrap all the Hershey's Kisses from their foil wrappers and place them in a bowl for later (this makes it easier).18 Hershey's Kisses
- In a large mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, granulated sugar, and egg. Use a large spoon or electric hand mixer on low speed to mix the ingredients together until a thick dough forms. This does not take very long!1 ¼ cup natural, creamy peanut butter, ⅔ cup granulated sugar, 1 egg
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out evenly-sized balls of dough. Roll each ball of dough between your hands to make it smooth and round.
- If desired, roll the dough balls in extra granulated sugar to give them sparkly sugar-coated edges. This makes them prettier and even more delicious.⅔ cup granulated sugar
- Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart to allow for spreading as they bake.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until they have spread slightly and look "puffy" in the middle. The edges should look firm, but not brown. It is better to under-bake them slightly because they will continue to set up as they cool.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and while they are still warm, gently press a chocolate Hershey Kiss into the center of each cookie. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes to firm up before removing them. Enjoy!18 Hershey's Kisses