These no-chill vegan funfetti sugar cookies are super soft, chewy, and full of sprinkles. They are completely plant-based and made without eggs or dairy. They're very easy to make gluten-free, too! The texture of these cookies is incredible. They melt in your mouth with their buttery vanilla flavor!
These are the perfect birthday sugar cookies for parties and events. Vegan or not, these cookies are a fan favorite among many friends and family. They are just SO chewy and delicious!
If you're looking to add more vegan cookie recipes to your baking list, try these vegan lemon cookies (a reader favorite!) or these vegan thumbprint cookies with icing.
You need less than 10 ingredients to make these cookies. They're super simple!
- Vegan Butter - I recommend using room temperature vegan stick butter, not a vegan spread. Earth Balance is a good option, but any vegan butter should work just fine. You may also use slightly softened coconut oil, but the cookies won't have such a buttery taste.
- Cane Sugar - Use vegan cane sugar for best results. You may use coconut sugar, but the cookies will be much darker in color and have a caramel-like taste.
- Flour - You can use all-purpose flour or gluten-free 1:1 flour in these cookies with great results. You can also use white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour. I do not recommend using coconut flour or almond flour.
- Almond Milk - Any unsweetened plant milk works well in the cookies. I like almond milk best. but soy milk, oat milk, or coconut milk are also fine.
- Cornstarch - This helps thicken and provide structure to the cookies without eggs. If you have to, you can omit this and use additional flour, but it's not recommended.
- Baking Powder - Baking powder encourages the cookies to spread in the oven.
- Vanilla Extract - Don't forget to add a splash of vanilla for a delicious taste.
- Salt - A pinch of salt balances the flavors in the cookies nicely.
- Sprinkles - Use your favorite vegan sprinkles like these rainbow jimmies from Sweetapolita. There are so many vegan sprinkle options that you can try!
Remember to see the recipe card for a list of ingredients with quantities.
Luckily, these cookies are very easy and quick to make. No chill time is necessary. Here are step-by-step instructions for making the vegan funfetti cookies:
STEP 1: Add the vegan butter and cane sugar to a mixing bowl. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer or stand mixer until light and fluffy.
STEP 2: Then, add the vanilla extract and almond milk. Mix again on medium speed until smooth and well combined.
STEP 3: Add the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt to the bowl. Mix on low speed until a thick and sticky cookie dough begins to form, but be careful not to over mix.
STEP 4: Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the vegan sprinkles into the cookie dough. Be careful not to crush them too much! Less mixing is better.
STEP 5: Use a 1-inch or 1 ½-inch cookie scoop to scoop out evenly sized cookie dough balls. Place them on the baking sheet at least 2 inches apart, because they will spread a lot while baking. Do not flatten the cookies!
STEP 6: Bake the cookies at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes. The edges should become golden, but not too brown. Remove the cookies and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes.
TIP: The cookies will be very delicate when they are fresh and warm out of the oven. Do not transfer them to a cooling rack until they have cooled, or they could break.
Expert Cookie Baking Tips
- Gently mix in the sprinkles - Be very careful to mix the sprinkles into the cookie dough gently. A rubber spatula is great for this. If you mix too much, the sprinkles will break in half, so only fold the sprinkles a few times.
- Don't flatten the cookies before baking - Since these are no-chill funfetti cookies, they will spread naturally in the oven (warmer cookie dough spreads more than chilled dough). Don't flatten the cookie dough balls before baking, or they will spread way too much!
- Use room temperature butter (but not too warm) - Use butter that is room temperature or just slightly cold. Do not use melted butter or warm butter. This will lead to the cookies spreading too much in the oven.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet - It's better to slightly under bake the cookies and allow them to finish setting up on the baking sheet. Don't wait for the edges to become brown. Slightly golden is perfect so they have that super chewy texture! Allow them to cool for at least 15 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a separate plate or cooling rack.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! The sprinkles in these funfetti cookies give them a delicious "birthday cake" flavor that is simply irresistible. They have the perfect amount of sweetness!
I have not tried making these cookies as cut-out cookies. Because they spread so much, I don't recommend making them as cut-out cookies unless you chill the dough for 30-60 minutes prior to rolling the dough.
Use gluten-free 1:1 (all-purpose) flour. Just make sure the vegan sprinkles are also certified gluten-free.
Yes, you can use slightly softened coconut oil to make these cookies without butter. They won't have that rich, buttery flavor, but they will still be delicious.
Chilling the dough is not mandatory, but you are welcome to chill the dough if it is more convenient for you. The cookies won't spread quite as much in the oven. You can slightly flatten the cookie dough balls with your fingers before baking if you want them to be thin, flat, and chewy.
Storing & Freezing
Store any leftover funfetti sugar cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 5-7 days. They will stay soft and chewy for quite a while when stored this way!
To freeze the cookies, store them in a freezer-safe airtight container with parchment paper between each layer of cookies. They will keep safely in the freezer for 2-3 months. Remember to let them thaw completely before enjoying them again.
More Vegan Cookie Recipes
Did you make these no chill vegan funfetti sugar cookies? Please remember to leave a star rating and review. This supports my blog immensely and is very helpful to other readers. If you post a photo of your cookies on Instagram and tag me, I would love to share it on my story. To keep up with the latest recipes, follow me on Pinterest and join my email list. Enjoy!
Vegan Funfetti Sugar Cookies (No Chill)
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Electric Mixer or Stand Mixer
- 1 Large Baking Sheet
- ¾ cup vegan butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or other plant milk
- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free 1:1 flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegan rainbow jimmie sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the room temperature vegan butter and cane sugar to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar together at high speed until fluffy and smooth, about 1-2 minutes.¾ cup organic cane sugar, ¾ cup vegan butter, room temperature
- Then, add the vanilla extract and almond milk to the bowl. Mix again at medium-high speed until well combined.1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt to the bowl. Mix on low speed until a thick, sticky dough begins to form. Stop mixing when a few flour flecks remain. Do not over mix!1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, ¾ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt
- Then, use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the vegan sprinkles. Be careful not to crush them too much.⅓ cup vegan rainbow jimmie sprinkles
- Use a 1" or 1 ½" cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough into evenly sized balls. Place them on the baking sheet 2" apart. This is important because they will spread! Do not flatten the cookies or they will spread way too much.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are firm and lightly golden, but not brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes to set up.
- Lastly, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!
Okay, I'm not much of a sugar cookie person (I usually go for chocolate), but THESE COOKIES!! Oh my gosh, they're so good and they definitely won me over. They truly do melt in your mouth! They are sooo chewy and soft. I'm going to make these for my daughter's birthday party next week! Thanks for a great vegan cookie recipe, they truly taste amazing.
Such a fun cookie! They are so cute too.
These are so fun and delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe. You make the best ones!
Made these for my bf cause he is obsessed with everything funfetti. He absolutely loved them and asked me to make them again
thanks for the quick and easy recipe!!
Usually don’t write reviews but these were AMAZING. They come out exactly like the photos and were SO quick to make. My whole family loves them. Soft and chewy thin cookies. Perfect to eat with a glass of soymilk. 10/10
These cookies are delicious! I can’t leave them alone! They were quick and easy to make. One batch didn’t make a lot of cookies, which I’m glad because it was a fast treat. I used DF chocolate chips instead of sprinkles since I didn’t have any on hand and still super tasty!